Thursday, August 20, 2015

Summer Wrap-Up

Okay, so I have not posted with the commitment I promised. As much as I yell at the boys about sitting still, it's not easy for me to sit at the computer for hours either. So I will be combining…a lot. The rest of the summer was okay. We got bored, for sure. We hit up the water park many times, some with friends, some with Dad. I can honestly say that I loved going there. It was easy and fun, but we need Lionel to grow one more inch before our family can access everything at the park. I told him next summer, but the truth is, Lionel will probably grow that inch in the next few months. Kid is a bean pole! And that is why this photo of him is so precious to me…
Camp Mama started to fizzle as the boys began to get bored with anything and everything. I did attempt child labor by making "washing the car" a new fun game. And we got to eat the rock candy that we grew. That experiment worked quite well, but I learned a lesson a little too late about not allowing the crystals to form on the glass. I guess we don't really use champagne flutes anyway…
Billy took two weeks off and just hung out with us. We drove up to Flagstaff and rode the ski lift to an elevation of 11,000 feet! I am not afraid of heights, but it was starting to get to me! The boys loved it, but that sitting still thing? Even harder in an open basket hanging from a wire.
The boys also did some "American Ninja Warrior" obstacles in the woods. They became completely obsessed with that show this summer. I have to admit that I got into it, too. I found Everett in the garage lifting weights in order to "train". That one is all about authenticity.
There was an epic pirate ship built - complete with an ironing board "plank". And Everett built a highway, traffic jam and all.
Then, as if the summer had flown by, it was over. Kindergarten and second grade, here we come!

No comments: